Most men and women will require urology treatment at some point in their lives. Where should you begin looking for the best urologist in Marietta? Searching the internet seems like a good place to start, and by a few strokes of a keyboard, you can access considerable amounts of data in seconds, which is convenient.
Unfortunately, searching for phrases like “urologist near me,” “urologist in Marietta,” or “Marietta urology.” The search yields way too many results, so which one do you choose?
Fortunately, you’ve discovered Advanced Urology where our highly-skilled surgeons and staff work within our innovative facility providing comprehensive and efficient patient care. Whatever your condition, we’ll go to great lengths to ensure you understand your situation but are well aware of the different treatment options and procedures available to you. We care about the treatment of the whole person.
Men are more likely to develop a urological condition, but women experience a variety of illnesses which require the specialist care of a urologist in Marietta including:
- Pelvic organ prolapse – POP is the bulging of one or more of the pelvic organs into the vagina. These organs are the uterus, vagina, bowel and Symptoms may include: feeling pain or pressure in the abdomen and vagina, discomfort during sex and problems passing urine. Post-menopausal females or women who have recently had a child are at a higher risk.
- Post-menopausal side-effects – The reduction in estrogen levels can generate symptoms like; hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness and loss of sexual drive. Estrogen regulates cholesterol production, so the risk of heart disease increases. Low estrogen levels raise the risk of osteoporosis, making women more susceptible to bone breakage.
- Urinary tract infections – UTI’s also develop in men, but women are more prone to these infections because their urethrae are significantly shorter. Bacteria that usually grow in the bowel can travel to the urethra, typically during sex or after using the bathroom causing infection. Symptoms like cramps, burning sensations during urination and flu-like symptoms can be experienced. If left untreated, a urinary tract infection can cause severe damage to the renal system.
Men’s Urologist Marietta Ga
Many men in Marietta will need to visit a urology professional at some point. During the aging process, your body changes in ways you can’t always control creating particular health issues, which may include:
- Low Testosterone levels – Testosterone is an essential male hormone produced primarily in the testicles. It’s vital for sustaining healthy sexual function, energy levels, and mood, and it keeps the balance of muscle and fat in the body. Low testosterone may become an issue in older men. If you feel excessively tired, weak, depressed or if you’ve lost your sex drive then you may be experiencing a drop in testosterone. A specific blood test will determine your testosterone level. There are medicines and treatments to aid in androgen loss.
- Erectile dysfunction – ED is the inability to develop or maintain an erection during sexual activity. If you have trouble with ED every once in a while, it’s nothing to panic over. Erectile dysfunction is a widespread condition which is easily treated.
- Urological cancers – Prostate, testicular, bladder and kidney cancer all require early detection for the best chance of recovery. Testicular cancer is highly treatable with only one in 5000 men dying from the disease. Typically, treating kidney cancer requires a radial or partial nephrectomy. Prostate cancer is ranked third when it comes to cancer-related fatalities. Regular check-ups, a healthy lifestyle and early detection can help change those statistics.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia – BPH is a common problem in older men. BPH is the result of the prostate getting bigger causing symptoms like trouble urinating, a constant urge to use the bathroom or pain when urinating. Benign prostatic hyperplasia isn’t prostate cancer and doesn’t make you more likely to get it. There are many treatments for BPH, ranging from lifestyle changes and medication to surgery.
Reproductive and Sexual Health Matters
We understand that sexual and fertile wellness is an intimate part of a patient’s life. At Advanced Urology, our highly skilled team of urology experts are ready to help the residents of Marietta who are in need of high-quality urological care.
- Male reproductive choices – If you already have children and feel your family is complete, you may want to prevent further pregnancies. The team at Advanced Urology will help you choose the path of reproductive health that’s right for you.
- Vasectomy reversal – Although vasectomy is considered a “permanent” procedure, there are situations which may necessitate having a vasectomy reversal. Sometimes, a couple may change their minds about having a child or having another child.
- Women’s and men’s fertility issues – Many couples face challenges when trying to have children. The inability to conceive a child can be extremely distressing. Fortunately, there are several infertility treatments available.
- Varicoceles – These are distended veins on the skin of the scrotum that remove blood away from the testicles. The veins become more substantial and noticeable like varicose veins in the leg. They can cause problems with fertility or may cause an unsightly swelling or a nagging pain.
Many conditions share similar symptoms so it’s essential to visit a specialist whose expertise is guaranteed to aid you in your wellness journey. Advanced Urology is the best option for those who are looking for urologists in Marietta. Turn to medical professionals who respect your time and anticipate your needs. Please call to make your appointment today.