Finding a urology clinic that will address all of your concerns can be a challenge when you reside in Lithonia. When you search for things like “urology near me,” “urologist Lithonia” or “Lithonia urology” online, you may be overwhelmed at all of the options. Advanced Urology is the preferred choice for many Lithonia residents, however, because we make our patients the biggest priority, and their needs and concerns are so important to us.
We place a lot of importance on the patient experience, from the moment the step into the office to the moment they leave. Advanced Urology is a preferred option when it comes to Lithonia urology or urologists in Lithonia for this reason. For the convenience of our patients, we provide same-day appointments, relaxing waiting rooms and short wait times. The patient experience is the most important thing to us. For those who live in Lithonia, we treat many urological health conditions like bladder cancer, pelvic organ prolapse, kidney stones and more.
Male Fertility and Reproductive Issues
Fertility and reproduction are often involved in health concerns for both women and men as more and more couples are faced with fertility issues every year in America. The following male conditions are treated by us:
- Low testosterone – Often, the challenging condition of low testosterone can cause decreased libido and decreased energy.
- Male infertility – Male infertility can be caused by a number of things, but it affects over 7.5 percent of couples trying to reproduce.
- ED or erectile dysfunction – As common as ED is among men, it is fortunately relatively easy to treat.
Bladder and Urinary Tract Issues
Bladder and urinary tract issues are unfortunately quite common. We offer treatment for the following conditions for female and male patients in Lithonia:
- UTI or urinary tract infection – Antibiotics are usually enough to treat a urinary tract infection, which is a common condition.
- Incontinence – Most people experience urge incontinence, stress incontinence, fecal incontinence, overflow incontinence or a combination of these.
- PBS or painful bladder syndrome – Although the term is often used interchangeably with interstitial cystitis, PBS describes a broader condition. In both conditions, a mild to severe bladder discomfort can make life extremely difficult.
- Urethral stricture – When the urethra becomes too narrow for smooth urine passage, a urethral stricture occurs.
- Kidney stones – Kidney stones — crystalline sales that form in the urinary tract or the kidneys–can be large and painful or small and unnoticeable.
- Overactive bladder – An overwhelming, sudden urge to urinate causes incontinence in those with overactive bladder, a condition which may be caused by diabetes, infections, consuming excessive caffeine or alcohol, bladder abnormalities, neurological disorders, or an enlarged prostate.
Like all types of cancer, the quicker a urological cancer is caught, the better. For all Lithonia residents, we offer treatment for the following urological cancers:
- Testicular cancer – Testicular cancer is usually treatable. While one in 250 males will be diagnosed with testicular cancer at some point, only one in 5,000 males will die because of it.
- Prostate cancer – 11.2 percent of males will likely be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point in their lives, and it has a higher death rate than many other cancers. Prostate cancer is more likely to develop in older men, African American men, men who have a certain gene mutation and men who consume a lot of red meat.
- Bladder cancer – Bladder cancer happens more among males, but it also affects females. If patients want to lower their risk of bladder cancer, they can stop any tobacco use and eat more fruits and vegetables that are loaded with antioxidants.
- Kidney cancer – One of the most common types of cancer in America is kidney or renal cancer. A partial or radial nephrectomy is the typical treatment for renal cancer. Patients can also decrease their risk for renal cancer by improving their diet, getting the right amount of sleep and being active.
Other Urological Conditions
Some urological conditions are not cancer, related to reproductive health or related to the bladder or urinary tract. For anyone living in Lithonia, we also treat the following conditions:
- Pelvic organ prolapse – This condition primarily affects the lower abdomen and vagina in women who have given birth, making life painful and challenging.
- Prostate conditions – Prostate cancer is not the only prostate condition men are concerned with developing. Many men have problems with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate) or prostatitis (inflamed prostate). Getting your prostate checked whenever you are having symptoms is important as these conditions have many similar symptoms.
If you have a urological health concern, now is the time to take action by seeking a urologist in Lithonia. Allow us here at Advanced Urology to be there for you and your health needs. We pride ourselves on making the patient experience our top priority. Contact us today and make your first appointment.