Flowery Branch Urology
The internet gives you the ability to harness generations worth of information with the touch of your fingertips. It can also cause headaches if you’re looking for a medical specialist. When a general practitioner advises you to find a Flowery Branch urologist, the first thing you’ll most likely do is pull up a web search browser and type “urologist Flowery Branch,” “urologist near me,” a “urologist in Flowery Branch,” or “urology near me.” The results will produce too many results, and you’ll be left trying to decide which page to click on.
Luckily, you’ve discovered Advanced Urology where we genuinely care about our patient’s comfort, time and holistic wellness. Both women and men need urology services for a variety of reasons, from kidney stones to reproductive health concerns, the team at Advanced Urology represent leaders in their field who harness innovative technologies and forward-thinking methods of medical science.
The staff at Advanced Urology understand the stress of varying conditions. We pride ourselves by offering prompt appointment times. However, you might want to relax a little longer in the tranquility of our comfortable reception room.
Advanced Urology offers same-day appointments for urgent and emergency situations. Our specialists are seasoned medical professionals with vast experience treating any number of urological health concerns.
Women’s Urinary, Bladder and Reproductive Health Concerns
Men are more likely to develop a urological condition, but women experience a variety of illnesses which require specialist care including:
- Pelvic organ prolapse – Post-menopausal women and individuals who have recently given birth are more likely to develop pelvic organ prolapse (POP). Symptoms of POP include pain in the lower abdomen and vagina. There are several surgical options to help remedy the condition.
- Post-menopausal side-effects – A sharp decrease in estrogen can cause your body to feel out of balance. Lowered estrogen levels can affect the functions of the bladder, urinary tract, and pelvic floor resulting in urinary tract infections, pelvic organ prolapse or an overactive bladder.
- Overactive bladder – Almost 40 percent of all women in the United States struggle with an overactive bladder. It’s possible to reduce symptoms by cutting out caffeine and alcohol and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Men’s Urological Health Conditions
Most men will need to visit a urology specialist within their lifetime. The intricate structure of male anatomy can develop specific health concerns including:
- Low testosterone – Also called hypogonadism, low testosterone may become an issue in older men. A reduction in this androgen can cause chronic fatigue and a lack of sexual drive.
- Erectile dysfunction – Erectile dysfunction is a widespread condition but is simple to address.
- Prostate cancer – This disease has the third highest fatality rate with over ten percent of the male population contracting the illness. As with all cancers, regular check-ups and identifying the problem in the early stages offers the individual the best chance of recovery.
- Testicular cancer – Cancer in the testes is a very treatable condition with only one man dying of the illness in a group of 5000. Men who experience infertility are more likely to contract testicular cancer. It’s essential to attend regular exams and live an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia – This condition is also known as BPH. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a common problem in older men. Prostatitis is often mistaken for BPH and is the inflammation of the prostate with symptoms like trouble urinating, frequent urges to use the bathroom, or pain when urinating.
Reproductive and Sexual Health Matters
We understand that sexual and fertile wellness is an intimate and private part of a patient’s life. At Advanced Urology, the specialists are experts and knowledgeable of a number of conditions including:
- Male reproductive choices – Perhaps, you’ve already had children and feel your family is whole and want to prevent further pregnancies. The team at Advanced Urology will help you choose the path of reproductive health that’s right for you.
- Fertility issues – Many couples face challenges when trying to conceive a child. Male infertility affects almost eight percent of all couples, while ten percent experience female reproductive struggles. However, most concerns are addressed with proper timing, a healthy diet and intimacy. Advanced Urology treats male infertility for many patients.
- Varicoceles – These enlarged veins on the skin of the scrotum can restrict the testicles and cause a lowered sperm count. Varicoceles are common in 20 percent of men with fertility issues and occur in ten percent of fertile males. These inflamed veins are similar to varicose veins in the legs. There’s a variety of procedures that may repair the condition.
At Advanced Urology, we provide specialized urology services that focus on the holistic well-being of you, our patient. Your best option in Flowery Branch, Georgia is to turn to medical professionals who respect your time and anticipate your needs.
If you’re experiencing urological symptoms, it’s critical that you don’t wait until you’re in pain, there’s no need to endure any stress. Give us a call and make your appointment today.