If you live in Ellenwood and you need to see a urologist, it can be a challenge to find a clinic that will address all of your concerns. There are a lot of results when you search for “Ellenwood urology,” “urologist Ellenwood” or even just “urology near me” on the internet. At Advanced Urology, though, the needs and concerns of our patients–both male and female–are our number one priority, which is why we are the preferred choice for Ellenwood residents.
As soon as our patients come into the office, we want them to have a good experience right away. For this reason, Advanced Urology is the best choice when it comes to Ellenwood urology or urologists in Ellenwood. We feature short wait times, same-day appointments and also relaxing waiting rooms for the convenience of our patients. We treat a number of urological health conditions in Ellenwood, including prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse and more.
Urinary Tract and Bladder Issues
For male and female patients in Ellenwood, we treat the following conditions:
- Urinary tract infection or UTI – Urinary tract infections are fairly common for adults, and they can usually be treated with a course of antibiotics.
- Overactive bladder – For those who have overactive bladder, a sudden and overwhelming urge to urinate is often felt, causing leakage and incontinence. This condition can be caused by an enlarged prostate, neurological disorders, abnormalities in the bladder, consuming excessive alcohol or caffeine, infections or diabetes.
- Urethral stricture – A urethral stricture is present when the urethra is too narrow for urine to pass regularly.
- Kidney stones – While some kidney stones — hard crystalline salts that form in the urinary tract or kidneys – may be extremely painful, others are small and not noticeable.
- Painful bladder syndrome or PBS – Interstitial cystitis is similar to PBS, but PBS is a broader term. Life can be very challenging with both conditions, though, as both can cause extreme bladder discomfort.
- Incontinence – For most patients with incontinence, urge incontinence, stress incontinence, overflow incontinence, fecal incontinence or a mixture of these is experienced. There is usually a larger condition present.
Male Fertility and Reproductive Issues
Health concerns can often involve reproduction and fertility, for both men and women. We treat the following male health issues:
- Male infertility – 7.5 percent of couples are affected by male infertility, which can be caused by many different things.
- Low testosterone – Hypogonadism or low testosterone is a challenging condition that often causes low energy and low libido.
- Erectile dysfunction or ED – It’s fortunate that ED is simple to treat as it is fairly common among men.
When cancer has been caught in the early stages, it’s always easier to beat, no matter what type of cancer you have. We provide treatment for the following urological cancers to all Ellenwood citizens:
- Prostate cancer – Prostate cancer is likely to happen to 11.2 percent of men, and it has a higher death rate than other cancers. Men who are older, African American men, men with a specific gene mutation and men who consume a lot of red meat have an increased risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Bladder cancer – Bladder cancer affects females as well as males. However, it’s more common among males. Patients who want to decrease their risk of bladder cancer may want to eat a healthier diet and stop any tobacco use.
- Kidney cancer – In the U.S.A., one of the ten most common types of cancer is renal cancer or kidney cancer. Surgery is the preferred treatment for renal cancer. This is typically done with a radial or partial nephrectomy.
- Testicular cancer – Testicular cancer is typically cancer that is treatable. One in 250 males will be diagnosed with the condition at some point but only one in 5,000 will not survive.
Other Urological Conditions
There are some urological conditions that aren’t related to reproductive health or the bladder and aren’t cancerous. We also provide treatment for the following for those who are living in Ellenwood:
- Prostate conditions – While prostate cancer is a concern for many men, it is not the only prostate condition. Men are also concerned about having an enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia) or an inflamed prostate (also known as prostatitis). Because these conditions can have similar symptoms, it’s important for men to have their prostates checked regularly.
- Pelvic organ prolapse – This condition can cause a great deal of pain in women who have given birth, making it extremely uncomfortable especially in the vagina and lower abdomen.
If you are an Ellenwood resident who has urological health concerns, it’s time to stop putting off seeing a urologist. Advanced Urology is here for you. Give us a call today and set up an appointment. We are dedicated to making sure you have the best possible patient experience in the metro Atlanta area.