It can be difficult to find a urology clinic that will meet your needs if you live in Chamblee and you need to see a urologist. You may get overwhelmed at all of the different options when searching for “Chamblee urology,” “urology near me” or “urologist Chamblee” online. You don’t need to spend much time looking, though. Advanced Urology is the best option available. For us, our male and female patients are our number one priority.
We want our patients to have a good experience from the first moment they come into our office. This is why when it comes to Chamblee urology or urologists in Chamblee, Advanced Urology is the best decision. Our patients won’t have to worry about long waiting times or stressful waiting rooms, and we also feature same-day appointments. The patient experience is very important to us. Chamblee residents can come to us for bladder cancer, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction and a number of other urological health conditions.
Urinary Tract and Bladder Issues
Bladder and urinary tract issues are quite common. We treat the following issues for male and female patients in Chamblee:
- Overactive bladder – Overactive bladder is an issue that frequently causes incontinence and leakage, and it is felt by most people as a sudden urge to urinate. It can be caused by infections, diabetes, excess consumption of caffeine or alcohol, an enlarged prostate, abnormalities in the bladder or neurological disorders.
- UTI or urinary tract infection – A course of antibiotics can usually be used to treat this common condition.
- Urethral stricture – A urethral stricture is present when the urethra is too narrow for urine to pass regularly.
- Kidney stones – While some kidney stones–hard crystalline salts that form in the urinary tract or kidneys–may be extremely painful, others are small and not noticeable.
- Incontinence – The most frequent types of incontinence experienced by patients are overflow, stress, fecal and urge. A larger condition is typically present.
- PBS or painful bladder syndrome – PBS and interstitial cystitis are often used to describe the same condition, but interstitial cystitis is not as broad. As both conditions can cause extreme discomfort in the bladder, both conditions can make life difficult.
Male Fertility and Reproductive Issues
For females and males, health concerns often involve fertility and sexuality. For the following male issues, we offer treatment:
- ED or erectile dysfunction – As ED is a common condition, it’s lucky that it’s fairly simple to treat.
- Low testosterone – Low testosterone is a difficult condition that can cause a decrease in libido and a decrease in energy.
- Male infertility – There are many things that can cause male infertility, a condition that affects 7.5 percent of couples.
No matter what type of cancer, cancer is always easier to beat when it’s been caught in the early stages. At Advanced Urology, we offer treatment for the following urological cancers to all Chamblee residents:
- Bladder cancer – Although bladder cancer occurs more in males, it also affects females. Patients can decrease their risk of getting bladder cancer by not using tobacco and eating a healthy diet, full of fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney cancer – Renal or kidney cancer is one of the ten most common forms of cancer in the U.S.A. A partial nephrectomy or radial nephrectomy is usually done to treat this cancer.
- Testicular cancer – One in 5,000 men will not survive testicular cancer although one in 250 men will develop it at some point. It’s one of the more treatable forms of cancer.
- Prostate cancer – Prostate cancer has a higher mortality rate than other cancers, and it is likely to happen to 11.2 percent of men. Prostate cancer is more likely to occur in African American men, older men, men who eat a lot of red meat and men with a specific gene mutation.
Other Urological Conditions
Some urological conditions are not related to the bladder or urinary tract, reproductive health or cancer. For those who are living in Chamblee, we also offer treatment for the following:
- Pelvic organ prolapse – For women who experience pelvic organ prolapse or POP, life can be challenging. After a woman has given birth, this condition can cause a great deal of pain.
- Prostate conditions – Prostate cancer is not the only prostate condition men worry about developing. Benign prostatic hyperplasia or an enlarged prostate as well as prostatitis or an inflamed prostate are also concerns. Getting your prostate checked regularly is important for men who have any symptoms as many of the symptoms for these conditions can be similar.
When it comes to Chamblee urology, Advanced Urology is your best option. We understand the sensitive nature of urological health conditions, and we are committed to providing the best patient experience in the metro Atlanta area. If you have a urological health condition, give us a call today and set up an appointment.