For those who live in Brookhaven and have urological health concerns, it can be difficult to find a urology clinic that will meet your needs. You’ve probably been online searching for “urology near me,” “urologist Brookhaven” or “Brookhaven urology,” and you’ve probably spent a lot of time looking through search results. Your best choice, however, is Advanced Urology because for us, the concerns and needs of both our male and female patients are extremely important to us.
Right away, from the first moment our patients enter the office, they will have a good experience. This is why Advanced Urology is the best choice in regards to Brookhaven urology or urologists in Brookhaven. Our patients enjoy conveniences like same-day appointments, relaxing waiting rooms as well as short wait times, and the patient experience is very important to us. We treat kidney stones, bladder cancer, erectile dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, prostate cancer, prostatitis and many other urological conditions for Brookhaven residents.
Cancer is easier for a patient to beat when it’s caught in the early stages, no matter what type of cancer it is. In the event that you are exhibiting symptoms of any of the following urological cancers, you need to see a Brookhaven urologist as soon as possible:
- Prostate cancer – 11.2 percent of men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point, and it has a higher mortality rate than other cancers. Prostate cancer is more likely for men with a specific gene mutation, African American men, older men and men who eat a lot of red meat.
- Testicular cancer – Testicular cancer is one of the more treatable types of cancer. While one in 250 men will develop it at some point, only one in 5,000 men will die because of it.
- Bladder cancer – Although bladder cancer happens more among men, it affects both men and women. Patients who don’t use tobacco and eat a healthy diet are at a decreased risk for bladder cancer.
- Kidney cancer – Kidney cancer or renal cancer is among the ten most common forms of cancer in America. In most cases, the preferred treatment is surgery, usually a partial nephrectomy or a radial nephrectomy.
Male Reproductive and Fertility Issues
Sexuality and fertility can be health concerns for both males and females as more and more couples are being affected by infertility every year in America. We provide treatment for the following male issues:
- Erectile dysfunction or ED – ED is a fairly easy condition to treat, which is fortunate as it affects a number of men.
- Male infertility – 7.5 percent of couples are negatively affected by male infertility, which can be caused by many things.
- Low testosterone – Decreased libido and decreased energy are two symptoms caused by low testosterone.
Bladder and Urinary Tract Issues
For Brookhaven patients with the following bladder and urinary tract issues, we are happy to provide treatment:
- Incontinence – The most typical types of incontinence are urge, overflow, stress and fecal. Often, this is a symptom of a larger condition.
- Urinary tract infection or UTI – Adults of all ages commonly experience UTIs, and they can usually be treated with antibiotics.
- Painful bladder syndrome or PBS – Interstitial cystitis and PBS are often used interchangeably, but PBS is a broader term. Both conditions can be very challenging, and both conditions can cause severe discomfort in the bladder.
- Kidney stones – Kidney stones are the hard crystalline salts that form in the kidneys or urinary tract. They may be small and unnoticeable or large and extremely painful.
- Urethral stricture – When the urethra becomes too small for regular urine passage, a urethral stricture is usually present.
- Overactive bladder – Overactive bladder is a condition that is known to cause leakage and incontinence. It is frequently caused by abnormalities in the bladder, infections, diabetes, excess consumption of alcohol or caffeine, an enlarged prostate or neurological disorders.
Other Urological Conditions
There are other urological conditions that are not cancerous, related to reproductive health or related to the urinary tract. For Brookhaven citizens, we also treat the following urological conditions:
- Prostate conditions – When it comes to the prostate, there are other conditions to be worried about besides prostate cancer. In many situations, men have issues with an enlarged prostate (which is called benign prostatic hyperplasia) and an inflamed prostate (which is called prostatitis). As men who are having symptoms could have either condition, it’s important to have your prostate checked regularly.
- Pelvic organ prolapse – POP is a condition that women who have given birth experience. It can cause pain to the lower abdomen and vagina, making life difficult.
Those who are looking for Brookhaven urology need to stop their search with Advanced Urology. We are here for all of your urological health needs. Give us a call today and make an appointment with us. It’s time for you to put your health first.